July 20, 2012

I'm Sbitten!


One of the things that really annoys me, and I assure you, there are MANY things, is when I see a new product in a magazine and can’t find it ANYWHERE. Such was the case with Revlon’s new Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains.

I mean, you know how much I love lip stains! And there’s Emma Stone in every magazine flaunting these new stains and then none of the stores have them yet. But then, there’s always the internets. While the internet doesn’t always solve this problem, in this case it not only offered a solution, but a SALE.

You heard me. Ulta has all the colors, buy one, get one half off. They are $8.99 each, or $6.74 if you take the deal. So now I have two, and Aline asked me send four to her in Switzerland. (I didn’t even tell her about them! She became obsessed independently and emailed me.)

Now, these are not the Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm. That’s something different, and I haven’t heard anything good about those. Plus, in my experience anything with a felt tip dries out way too fast. These are more like a big crayon. They are similar to my beloved Clinique Chubby Stick, but with more intense color and staying power. Sort of like the Tarte Lipsurgence Natural Lip Stains, only not natural and not $24.

I went with Sweetheart, a bright pink, and Romantic, a classic red. The color is buildable, and after a few passes you can achieve lipstick-like intensity. Except it’s more moisturizing, because it’s a balm, and it will last longer, because it’s a stain. Pretty awesome, right? Yes. Definitely, yes.

While I’m sure this product will appeal to people who already love lip stuff, I think it would also be great “training wheels” for someone who doesn’t really wear lipstick. Or, depending on the color, someone who doesn’t wear bright lipstick, but wants to ease into it. It also has fantastic day-to-night possibilities.

It has a slightly minty tingly feeling at first, and is very moisturizing. The color really stays, though the glossiness may gradually fade. I applied Romantic as soon as it arrived in the mail, and then sort of forgot about it as I went through my day, eating and drinking all kinds of random things, like I do. I was surprised when I caught myself in the mirror after dinner and had red lips. Especially with such messy hair.

2 comments:

  1. Jill, I finally found these at Walgreens. Buy one, get the second 50% off. i bought Smitten and Sweetheart Valentine. I really like Smitten. I'm not usually a pink lipstick type but the color is very flattering. I put some on after lunch yesterday, went shopping, came home & read for a while, ate some dinner and my lips still had pink stain 5 hours later. Love this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fantastic! Makeup you don't have to think about is my favorite kind.

      Delete