July 18, 2012

July Birchbox


The theme of this month’s Birchbox is OMGTHEREAREHEADPHONESINHERE! Okay, the theme is the five senses, but holy crap! Headphones! The July box is co-branded with Glamour Magazine, so I guess they get partial credit for the earbuds.


AHAVA Purifying Mud Mask

A detoxifying mask with Dead Sea mud and Kaolin white clay. Considering how hot and sweaty this summer has been, I sort of want to cover my whole body in this. I don’t think the tube is big enough though.

Laura Geller Double Dipped Lipstick in Caribbean Kiss
A double-sided lipstick, like the one Beth C. wrote about a few weeks ago, only more expensive! Except, in this case, free-ish.

Manna Kadar Sheer Glo Shimmer Lotion
The card says this will give my complexion a supermodel-like sheen. Of all the qualities of a supermodel I would like to have for my own, the sheen is not even in the top ten. I guess I’ll take what I can get though.

Oscar de la Renta Live In Love
Fragrance sample, bah. Hyacinth, orchid, sandalwood and cedar. It’s actually kind of nice, if a bit “mature.” I really can’t complain, considering I got a full size lipstick and a pair of earbuds this month.

Birchbox Exclusive Earbuds
“We designed these headphones just for you.” They are neon pink and play-doh blue, so, yeah, I doubt that. Still, thanks for the earbuds!

In case you were counting, they missed “taste” which seems like it would be easy enough to do, but they did give me two things for “sight.” Overall though, it’s a pretty great Birchbox this month!

I just realized I've been getting Birchboxes for a little over a year now! 
I'm definitely a fan.

6 comments:

  1. Mine was good too. I got a LaraBar for the "Taste" category.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! See, it would have been so easy to include something for "taste" in every box. I guess they just didn't get that many samples.

      Delete
  2. Always interesting to see what other people get in their boxes. I would have liked the shimmer lotion or lipstick. Though I'm happy with the bamboo hair shine product I received.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's great! A shine product is always good, especially with the summer weather!

      Delete
  3. Of course there are more than 5 senses but I suppose they don't have to be scientific about it. I got the Larabar too.

    My earbuds are awful. :-\ After nearly empty samples and customer service never responding, I'm thinking of canceling. Plus all those perfume samples can be obtained for free elsewhere, so what exactly am I paying for? Beautyarmy.com is my favourite right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to check out beautyarmy immediately! I actually haven't even tried the earbuds yet. I guess I should probably make it back to the gym one of these days...

      Delete