July 11, 2012

Frizzies


I had given up on Frizz-Ease after one too many accidental overdoses. One pump was never enough, two or three was sometimes enough, or sometimes too much. Eventually I was just done with it.

Then I found out about the new lighter formula “Sheer Solution.” Instead of using it on wet hair, you apply ten drops(ish) to damp hair. It’s definitely way better than trying to get the right amount of the original formula applied to my “soaking wet hair.” I haven’t ODed even once.

Recently, I had the opportunity to join a Bzz Campaign about it, and since I was already a fan, I thought I might as well Bzz about it too. They sent me a bunch of really cute little bottles that I distributed mostly among family while I was on vacation. I kept one for myself though, so I could have a “travel-size” bottle. It was so adorable, I couldn’t resist! The tiny bottles were well received, as most free samples are, and I learned I wasn’t the only one that found the original formula to be a bit heavy.

Sheer Solution is formulated for fine to medium hair, and has two parts: A lightweight serum, and a smoothing elixer. You have to shake it up to “activate” it, but I’m pretty sure you’re really just mixing it. I don’t think there is any chemical reaction going on.

The lighter formula, aside from being... well... lighter, is easier to distribute through your hair, so you don’t end up with any heaviness or gross siliconey areas. It’s also a little easier to know what’s going on since your hair is damp, as opposed to soaking wet.

It does, indeed, fight frizz just as well as the rest of the John Frieda Frizz-Ease line. Is this a miracle product? No. Will it change your life? It depends. Is it the one thing that will solve all your haircare needs? Are you crazy? I’m pretty sure that doesn’t exist. In my experience, to fight serious frizz, you need an ARSENAL of products and/or good heat styling tools. This is a worthy weapon.

No comments:

Post a Comment