August 20, 2012

Dramatically Indifferent


I’ve been using a deluxe-size sample of Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotionevery night for about a month now, or however long it’s been since I ran out of my deluxe-size sample of Philosophy’s Hope In A Jar Moisturizer.

I honestly don’t see what’s so different about it. Is it because it’s yellow? Most moisturizers aren’t yellow. It was created over 40 years ago, so maybe back then it was really groundbreaking or something.

It’s very gentle, it isn’t overly heavy or greasy and didn’t clog my pores. It moisturized nicely. It’s for “very dry to dry combination skin” which is what my skin is, so that works. The scent is subtle, not unpleasant, and barely noticeable. They claim it is 100% fragrance free, so we’re just smelling the ingredients. It was surprisingly hard to find a list of ingredients, but when I did, I was not impressed. It has mineral oil, petrolatum, and other gross stuff I try to limit my exposure to.

It’s not extremely pricey, though it’s more than what you’d pay for most drugstore brands. It wins awards from magazines and, like Philosophy’s Hope, has it’s own “cult-following”, but honestly, I don’t see what the big deal is. It's fine, I guess.

4 comments:

  1. I don't get it either. If you have oily skin, its awful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they make a Dramatically Indifferent gel for oily skin, so no one is left out. As if it would matter.

      Delete
  2. Bah, humbug. I've never had good luck with Clinique *anything*. The makeup colors turn weird on me, the foundation slides off, and I prefer Simple's light moisturizer to anything Clinique makes.

    I think it has a cult following because it was very nearly the first type of soap/moisturizer/toner you could get outside of a dermatologist's office that was specifically for sensitive skin. My mom was very excited, 35 years ago, when Clinique finally showed up in our local department store downtown.

    Gosh, I'm old. Not old enough to like Clinique, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I guess compared to whatever was (or wasn't) on the market 35 years ago, this was definitely something to get excited about!

      I still love my Clinique Chubby Stick, and their Take The Day Off eye makeup remover, but I can live without the rest.

      Delete