August 3, 2012

Coulda Been A Contenda


You might have heard me mention my favorite Buxom Mascara (which basically inspired this entire blog) one or twenty times before. I hardly ever try other mascaras, since I’m so happy with this one. But…

Buxom came out with a new mascara, with a special “S” shaped brush, that is supposed to give lashes a “full and fanned-out effect.” That sounded pretty pretty, so I had to try it. Below are photos of my eye with both regular Buxom and new Buxom Sculpted Lash Mascara.



Can you tell the difference? I barely can.

I found the S-shaped brush kind of hard to get the hang of. I used it four times, following the enclosed instructions exactly, and I still ended up bumping my cheekbone with the mascara wand every single time. And then cleaning mascara off my face. It’s not really what I feel like doing when I’m getting ready to go out.

I mean, the formula is still great, no clumping, flaking, etc. It’s still Buxom, and it’s still fantastic. But for the effect I got, I’d rather stick with the classic. The S-brush just seems unnecessarily complicated, and I’m not getting enough of a payoff. I do intend to get paid BACK though, when I return this to the store.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of all these weird new wands that they are coming out with. I still think the classic wands get the most product on those lashes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm okay with the rubbery bristles, but some of these wand shapes are getting out of control!

      Delete