August 15, 2012

August BirchBox


The theme this month is Beauty School, and the samples came with a little pamphlet of beauty basics: what different kinds of brushes are for, how to read a label, how to get a better shave, etc. I didn’t pick up anything new, but it was cute. The whole thing was designed notebook-doodle-style.

Caldrea Hand Soap
Two little packets of liquid soap, Palmarosa Wild Mint, and Sea Salt Neroli. I saw a Caldrea Sea Salt Neroli candle in Union Market yesterday, and considered it buying it for a minute but I couldn't get a good read on the scent from outside the box. It would be funny if a tiny free soap sample pushed me over the edge to buying it.

Juicy Coutoure Viva la Juicy La Fleur
Perfume sample. Fairly inoffensive scent, though it definitely smells like it would be worn by someone in a velour sweatsuit with words on the butt.

Pixi Beauty Line Relax Serum
This is a face primer that claims to actually RELAX FACIAL MUSCLES and minimize lines, while preventing new ones. What?!?! “The cooling & soothing formula effectively inhibits muscle contractions which form expression lines.” So basically, this stuff is like topical botox? They sent me a full size bottle of it. It seems kind of weird, but I’ll let you know.

Talika Lipocils Expert
A plant-derived lash serum that claims it will 36% grow, 50% darken, and 50% curl your lashes without any side effects. That is 136% improvement, guess it’s worth a shot?

Schick Hydro Silk Razor
I’ve tried Schick’s 5-bladed razor before, when they promised me a "shavecation" but didn't deliver. This one has moisturizing bumpers, which is something I like about the Venus I currently use. I think Schick replacement blades might be a little cheaper though, so I’m really interested in seeing how it stacks up.

Not the most exciting Birchbox for me personally, but not the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment