March 23, 2012

Sun Tan Lotion


Did you hear about this? I’ve been a fan of Jergens Natural Glow for years, among other gradual tanning lotions, but now they’ve added SPF! It's called Jergens Natural Glow & Protect. Now your “safe-tan” will be even safer!

Do you remember when people used to call sunscreen “suntan lotion”? Because it was meant to help you get a suntan and not a sunburn. Now, we say sunscreen or sunblock, because we’re not supposed to be tanning. And then they started making fake tanners which are actual sun tan lotions because they give you a sun tan, but we never call them that. Anyway, this stuff is basically both meanings of suntan lotion. It will give you a fake tan while protecting you from a real tan. If only it came with an umbrella and a hat it would be perfect.

It's only SPF 20, and I don’t think it’s the kind of thing you’re going to reapply on the beach, but it would make a good first application, and then reapply later with regular stuff. Especially because I don't think this is formulated to be water or sweat resistant. Still, you can get tan while you’re protecting yourself from getting a tan!

What it's probably best for is when you’re just out and about. Because while I do use gradual tanner all summer, if I’m just running errands I don’t put sunscreen on my body, just my face. So it’s nice they snuck a little sunscreen in there. It saves me a step that I don’t do, but should.

By the way, I managed to get the World’s Lightest Tan while I was in St. Lucia. It’s from the sun, but there was just no way to avoid it. Even under the umbrella, wearings sunscreen, the UV still gets you a little. And we reapplied SPF30 like crazy! Plus, you know, you can’t really snorkel with an umbrella. It’s funny though, even though I do have tanlines I am in no way “tan.” I’m just the color most people are normally. I’d call it a healthy glow, but you know what they say: The only safe tan is a fake tan.

No comments:

Post a Comment