March 6, 2012

Goody Goody


I’ve been on the lookout for these Goody Doublewear Ponytail Holder/Bracelets since before Christmas (I mean: “The Holidays.”) Finally, I thought to look online, and found them easily at Drugstore.com. I would have rather had the gold ones, but they only had silver in the ponytail size. They had a gold/silver combo pack in the headband size, and I didn’t even know there WAS a headband size! Anyway, silver ponytailers. They’re good!

Each pack comes with three different styles, not that it really matters. A basic tube, a basic tube with a texture similar to the handles of pliers (you know?), and a square tube. I guess that variety, aside from being the spice of life, makes them look a little better if you’re wearing all three on your wrist at the same time. I would have preferred different metals to different textures/shapes, but they probably did it this way because some people are weird about mixing metals. Personally, I mix with abandon. (Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other’s gold.)

When I saw the bands in person for the first time, it struck me that the metal part was significantly wider than my ponytail. Even though it’s not what it used to be, I have a pretty healthy ponytail. But the metal part of the ponytail holder is 1 5/8” wide. I thought it might look weird to have a decoration sticking off the sides of the bundle of hair, but it really doesn’t. It looks cute!

They actually do look pretty cute on your wrist too. I mean, I am usually fine with just having a regular black ponytail holder there, but this is definitely nicer. And if you are packing light, or need an emergency bracelet or ponytail real quick, I guess it’s nice to have a dual-purpose rubberband at the ready.

I wouldn’t recommend these for high-impact ponytailing. The width/strength of the rubberband is a little narrower than what I usually use, and I’m pretty sure the metal keeps you from getting your ponytail as tight as you normally would. I’m wondering what they’ll look like when the get stretched out, and if they’ll stretch out faster than a regular ponytail holder. Though, at 3 for $5.99 I think it's a pretty good deal.

1 comment: