May 22, 2012

Everlasting Like



I know I told you guys I was never going to buy another kind of lip gloss after I found YSL’s Glossy Stain, but…

Okay, here’s what happened: I wrote a post about how much I loved YSL Glossy Stain, and then a reader commented about how much she loved Kat Von D's Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick,which I had never tried. So the next time I was in Sephora, I wandered on over to the Kat Von D section. And I found an awesome color called “Berlin.” (Color is always what gets me.) They describe it as “warm rose” but it’s almost a hot neon red? Like if hot pink and red had a baby. It’s B-O-L-D. I bought it, took it home, and put it through its paces.

First off, it’s matte, which may or may not work for you. My first thought was to return it. I did’t realized it was matte when I tried it on the back of my hand at the store, because it doesn’t turn matte until it dries. Which makes sense, but it isn’t something I had even considered. Stuff in lipgloss tubes just has a tendency to be glossy.

So I was going to return it, but I reeaaally like the color, so I wanted to give it a shot. Usually matte lipstick makes my lips look too thin, but the color is so vibrant I didn’t have that problem here.

Unfortunately, it’s not as moisturizing as the glossy stain. In fact, it’s dry. I guess all matte lip stuff has a tendency to be that way, now that I think about it. I’m just used to feeling moisturized, so it took me a little while to get used to the matte texture. The good thing is, there is no risk of your hair sticking to your lips if it’s windy.

It’s pretty smudgeproof, and stayed on through a few drinks too. Eating is always a challenge, but it did okay for a little while. It wouldn't last through a whole meal, and it definitely couldn’t hold up to the melty cheese in my jalapeño tamale, but anything with oil is going to dissolve any long-wearing cosmetic I know of.

While the product is meant to stain, in my experience, my lips were bare in the center when the lipstick wore off, which is going to happen eventually whenever you’re eating and drinking (which is always). The bright color and matte finish made the line even more obvious. The reviews I read about some of the other colors said they DID stain the lips, so I think the stain-iness may be different based on what color you use.

The problem, though, is that this is the color I LIKE.


No comments:

Post a Comment