January 6, 2012

Pretty Funny, Pretty Ugly.


Ohhh... Hi. Did you fall in… a pile of… something?

Hey! Do you want to make a scary movie with that mask on your face?!

Okay, this isn’t related. (Snicker.) Someone pooped in the hallway going to the R! (Pause.) Wanna know what made me think of that?

The above comments are from my always-hilarious husband, after coming home early from work to find me wearing Pangea Organics Japanese Matcha Tea with Açai & Goji Berry Facial Mask.


This is definitely the uglist mask I’ve ever tried. I mean, they’re never really attractive, but for the most part they’re just kind of comical. Even when they’re called “mud”, they don’t actually look like dirt. Until now! This one is truly hideous. And it sort of smells like it’s for hippies. Basically, it looks (and smells) like you went for a walk in the woods and then wiped your feet on your face.

I was excited to try this mask, because it says it will “Do Everything. All at once.” and I want everything! The “super ingredients” are supposed to deep-cleanse, detox, exfoliate, tone, hydrate, stimulate collagen, prevent wrinkles, nourish, protect and balance. Unfortunately, I’ve tried it four times and it’s like, fiiine-whatever. If it really did all that in a way that was noticeable and lasting, I’d deal with ten to twenty minutes of fart-face ridicule. But it seems like it just works equally-well to other masks, so it’s really a matter of what you enjoy.

Personally, I’d like a little more luxury and a little less Swamp Thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment