January 17, 2012

January Birchbox


January Birchbox has arrived, and the theme is: Clarity. The products included are meant to “help start 2012 with a fresh face and an optimistic mood.” (This is not how 2012 started for me, but I’m working on it.)

Befine Night Cream
Another sample from the Befine (food skin care) peeps! I’m game though, because I am just about out of the cream I’ve been using at night, which isn’t exactly night cream, but it doesn’t have spf, so that’s when I use it. This one has cocoa, millet and rice bran, promises glowing skin, and says it “smooths fine lines as you sleep.” I hope they stay smoothed when I wake up.

Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy
A scent for people who want to smell like people who wear words on their butts.

Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner
This is relevant to my interests! I love eyeliner, and just saw an eyeliner look on Pinterest that this “Blue Ribbon” eyeliner (kind of a silvery dark slate blue?) will be perfect for. Win.

VMV Hypoallergenics Re-Everything Eye Serum
I’m always looking for an eye treatment that actually works, so who knows? Maybe this one will actually do something!

‘wichcraft Granola
As a “Lifestyle Extra” they included 1 tbs of granola, from Tom Colicchio’s ‘wichcraft chain. It says it will take care of snack cravings without any guilt. This is really awesome, because I totally feel guilty anytime I eat a tablespoon of granola. (?!) Seriously, though: I thought this would be really delicious but it tasted burnt. Tom, please pack your knives and go. (Just kidding, I love you. Please don't go, ever.)

Birchbox Magnet and Mini Detox Postcard
There is a pink square Birchbox logo magnet, and a postcard with a list of things to do to “detox” your mind, your closet, etc. You already know all of them and so do I.

Overall, a pretty decent Birchbox!

No comments:

Post a Comment