January 25, 2012

I Missed The Pow Wow


Lush made a lip scrub with Pop Rocks in it, and I didn’t get any!

Apparently this was available during the holiday season, and I totally missed it. To be honest, I don’t go into the Lush boutique much, because of A. The overzealous sales people and B. The Smell. It’s like all the air in there has been replaced with some sort of scented powder, and I can’t breathe. But I totally would have braved the store to get my hands on some of this stuff.

The pop rocks (actual, though non-branded, popping candy) are the exfoliating agent in this “scrub." AND! Lush made the product edible, proving they’re no dummies, but the rest of us probably are. However, they also made it lime flavored, which I think is a questionable decision. Not only do I not associate lime with Pop Rocks, or “popping candy,” but isn’t lime everyone’s least favorite flavor? (Barring margaritas, of course.) All the reviews said it was yummy though, so I guess we’ll have to take their word for it.

They made it green, for Christmas, getting it’s coloring from… spinach. See this slightly terrifying video for more information.



The Pop Rocks are obviously the most exciting thing on the ingredient list, but it also has/had a variety of oils and powders in there: jojoba oil, rose hip oil, argan oil, goji berry powder, ginseng root powder, and caffeine powder. Caffeine powder! They say that’s so “Even when the rest of you is tired – your lips could keep going ‘til dawn!” Okay, maybe? Who cares? POP ROCKS!

I’m bummed I didn’t get to try this, though most of the reviews said it didn’t really work that well anyway. The candy is too abrasive and the green gel leaves a ring around your mouth. But everyone agreed it was super fun, and I think it would have been a great little holiday gift too. I bet if I just buy myself a regular pack of Pop Rocks I’ll be fine though.

No comments:

Post a Comment